Our State-of-the Art Facilities
Emerald Textiles is the environmentally responsible choice and largest commercial health care laundry provider in the Western United States. Emerald Textiles’ state-of-the-art facility incorporates the latest technology, equipment, and infrastructure.
At Emerald, we continually invest in equipment, technology, and systems that result in fewer manual processes and greater automation through computerized systems, automated conveyors, overhead rail system and machines. Emerald Textiles’ gravity-enabled design and automation prevents unnecessary strain, employee safety risks and saves time with streamlined, computer-driven processes.
We do our part to preserve natural resources by regularly investing in energy and water saving equipment so you can feel good about choosing Emerald Textiles. Our award-winning, environmentally-responsible processing facilities ensure that we are tough on dirty laundry but easy on the environment. Sometimes going green is as easy as switching linen suppliers.
- San Diego’s processing facility won the Savings by Design award and recognition from the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) and San Diego Gas & Electric as well as the local water authority for conserving approximately 120,000,000 gallons of water and over 1,000,000 therms of natural gas annually.
- Continuous Batch Washers, dryers, and boilers provide increased savings in water and energy consumption compared to conventional washroom facilities
- Gravity-enabled E-Tech rail designs that uses the natural gravity of the bags and design of the rail system to transport bags across the facility reducing on energy use and keeps our facility running without interruptions
- Replacing traditional facility lighting with LED Lighting Systems
- Installing Water Recycling systems, Wastewater Heat Recover systems and stack Economizers to save in natural gas thermal savings
- Recycling plastic, paper, cardboard